We never felt under pressure from Bryan, Chris, Brendan or Michelle in any of the dealings we had with them. In fact, what could have been a stressful situation was managed by Cain’s with trust, openness, a sense of humour, a well organised program of inspections, valuable feedback (but not unnecessary phone calls which can cause anxiety or doubt in ones mind). All appointments were punctual and inspections were considerate of our private space, including the video person, camera operator and drafts-person – all long time associates of the company.
After a 5 week “campaign” auction day arrived and the Cain family arrived in good time and managed the whole process in a supportive, positive manner and although the weather changed it didn’t matter – all scenarios had been discussed and agreed in the calm a few days prior to the auction.
Bryan conducted the auction with professionalism, inclusiveness, a sense of calm and a touch of light heartedness (the cellar is locked so don’t try coming back for the wine later !).
We always felt JA CAIN were working for us – and consequently we always trusted them. The auction outcome was exactly as Bryan and Chris had advised us many weeks prior, when we signed the contract to sell.
JA CAIN have been in our neighbourhood for 70 years – they are a family business – they don’t have the issue of one sales consultant vying for a sale over someone else in the office, and this was evident to us through the entire process.
Through the hard work, dedication, professionalism and trusting environment created by JA CAIN, we sold our property for over $2 million dollars!! Amazing outcome and we could not recommend JA CAIN more highly.
We wish them good luck in the next 70 years and beyond. Bryan Cain described our lovely home "as an honest house" we can say JA CAIN is an honest real estate agency that anyone should be proud to be associated with.
Bill and Tess - GLEN IRIS
I loved the whole process of selling my family home with JA CAIN Real Estate. Their experience and expertise were very apparent from the start, making a massive milestone in our lives, seamless and easy.
I am so thankful to Bryan, Chris, Michelle and Brendan for guiding us through downsizing and being with us every step of the way.
We were absolutely thrilled with outcome and would not hesitate to recommend JA CAIN to anyone!
Tess and Peter - GLEN IRIS
Our property was sold at Auction by JA CAIN Real Estate, Camberwell.
This was the first time we had ever sold a house. This house had been our family home for over 30 years.
We chose JA CAIN as they have extensive knowledge of the real estate market and well respected in the area for over 70 years.
The professionalism and friendliness of the coordinated team worked well. Knowing the market, being very familiar with our property, the surrounding area and keeping us informed on the progress and prospective buyers that came through at open for inspections, made the process hassle free.
The Video, thank you Chris Cain and the photography were fantastic, which was a real plus for selling our property.
Bryan Cain, the Auctioneer on the day, displayed his knowledge and experience in auctioning and delivered an amazing result which is what selling a property is all about.
Thank you, Bryan, Chris, Michelle and Brendan Cain, we are extremely happy with our experience and result at Auction and we highly recommend you.
Rob and Jo - GLEN IRIS
When my father retired, back in the 1980’s, he used some of his super to purchase a rental property. JA CAIN was the selling agent at the time so mum and dad employed JA CAIN as the managing agent of their rental property and they have now been the managing agency for many years. As my parents entered old age, they found life more difficult however, the staff at JA CAIN were always very patient and professional in assisting them.
When my husband and I were recently thinking of purchasing an investment property in our neighbourhood, we called Bryan Cain for his opinion. We felt he was an agent we could trust entirely. His guidance proved helpful on auction day, and we were very happy to appoint JA CAIN as the managing agent for our new investment property. Louise and Elia from the rental department, have been most helpful, accommodating and professional all the way.
Joan and Bill - CAMBERWELL
We were very pleased with the open and honest communication offered by Bryan and his family and the process was clear throughout. At the auction, we were very aware of the auction strategy; we sat back and hoped for multiple bidders. Bryan's personable and professional manner at auction set a comfortable and friendly environment conducive to bidding. Fortunately, we had several bidders on the day and the house sold well above reserve and right on our dream price.
Follow up by the agency was supportive and informative. All the advice we were given was accurate and honest. In no way, did we feel that the process was out of our control.
In conclusion, in the future I would not hesitate to engage the services of JA CAIN Real Estate.
Matt and Sandy - CAMBERWELL
We have been using the services of JA CAIN for the past 20 years. Throughout this time, we have been clients from several service perspectives: as purchasers and in both the capacity of a landlord and tenant.
We have found the company, and all of those employed to have a customer first mindset coupled with respect, honesty and integrity. These values are driven from the top (Via Bryan Cain himself) and permeate throughout the company – applied to all parties at all times.
In recent years, our local rental properties are managed through Property Manager Joanne Docherty form the JA CAIN office. We are grateful for her professionalism, well thought out advice, exceptional response times and courteous, friendly disposition. Joanne applies these values and operating standards to all parties and in all circumstances. As a result, she is both well liked and highly respected by both our tenants and ourselves. The quality of service that Joanne provides is exceptional – we couldn’t ask for a better property manager.
Jenny and Martin - GLEN IRIS
We would highly recommend using JA CAIN, and we definitely will be again.
Charlotte and Elliot - BURWOOD
I find her to be reliable and polite and acutely aware she is working on behalf of her employer, her landlords and is respectful of her tenants needs as well.
A recent experience I’ve had was where Joanne followed up with a contractor for charging for works carried out below satisfactory standard. She willingly pursed the matter beyond the call of duty. This act alone displayed the dedication Joanne has to the role of property management.
Rebecca - GLEN IRIS
Bryan and his team were professional, realistic and helpful, providing sound advice and guidance at all times.
Their honesty and strong knowledge of the area meant we were very happy with the sale price achieved.
Everyone kept us well informed and we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend JA CAIN.
Again, many thanks
Michelle - GLEN IRIS
As clients of JA CAIN for more than 10 years, we have valued their expert advice and service in the acquisition and ongoing management of our rental property. Our experience is that the Cain Family and their professional staff, most recently Louise, always provide timely and quality service.
Peter - GLEN IRIS
Joanne has been looking after my properties for the last two years. She is friendly, pragmatic and professional in handling issues with the properties or the tenants – she is all ears to hear the owner’s views and at the same time provides good suggestions to issues. She is thorough in finding the ‘right’ tenants for the rental properties. In short, you can be sure your properties are in good hands if she is your property manager!
Cheng - GLEN IRIS
Flexible: Patient and flexible as I could not set an actual date for the selling date.
Practical: Advise on the property preparation prior selling
Champion: Real Guru on the Camberwell / Glen Iris / Burwood local networks and knowledge, my property was sold prior to auction date and only after 2 inspections during the off peak - winter selling season
Fair deal: I believe the selling price reflected the real market value for both buyer and seller. It was a happy deal for both parties
Communication: Friendly, accuracy and punctuality as I recall that you collected sufficient instructions and did want not interfere my deep sea fishing trip during the negotiation. I finally sold the sold the house, caught the fish and enjoy the day!
Post sale: Caring as per first communication prior the real estate engagement. Chris - I appreciate
Administration: Can you show me who better than Michelle Cain in this game?
Leadership: I believe that you run the boat well, whole team serve client perfect like a watch, made in Switzerland!Recommendation: I will not hesitate to recommend JA CAIN to potential buyers and sellers who do not want to lose monies, beauty sleep and being unfair to others
In the last few months I’ve been fortunate enough to be both a vendor and new home buyer through JA CAIN. At every step Bryan, Chris, Michelle, Brendan and the team have been a pleasure to deal with; professional, genuine and eager to please. As a vendor my overwhelming feeling was that they sincerely wanted the best result for my wife and I, this is opposed to ‘any result’, which was my greatest fear of other agents. Their advice was spot on and most importantly unpressured. They were outstanding!
Whilst I expect Bryan and Chris were also selling other properties at the same time, I always felt they were 100% focused on my property. I have no doubt this is a great point of difference that only a family owned business like JA CAIN can offer.
Similarly (and coincidentally), when buying, my experience with JA CAIN was the same. They were equally as excited for my wife and I, and have been no less than a pleasure to work with.I unreservedly recommend JA CAIN to anyone who is considering selling.
Paul and I would like to express our gratitude for the fantastic result we achieved with the sale of our Townhouse at 2/37 Donna Buang Street Camberwell. From the time we first met Bryan and Chris Cain the whole process of preparing the house i.e. decluttering for photographs, the disposal and donations of nearly all of our furniture, legal advice necessary for the sale (because we were re-locating overseas 3 months before settlement), went very smoothly.
This is a family business so the members of the Cain family, Brian, Mary, Michelle and Chris all work together as a Dream Team. Nothing gets forgotten as they seamlessly work together. After the Open days we were kept up to date with numbers of potential buyers. They made the entire process completely stress free and easy and we have no hesitation in recommending them to all of our friends and family.
Rhonda and Paul - CAMBERWELL
From time to time in life we have a need for either a purchase and/or sale of property. During this period of time and in the process, we are presented with the challenge of researching and selecting the appropriate agent to fulfill our requirements. This process was carried out recently for the sale of our property at 1/41 Grandview Road, Box Hill South.
Our sincere thanks to the JA CAIN team for doing a great job not only professionally but personally in a friendly, reassuring manner and achieving the best results at our recent auction.
Please see below some examples of your excellent service during this anxious time in anyone's life.
- Capable of your total care and consideration in delivering on customer's needs
- An outstanding team that works collaboratively to meet and achieve customer's needs with good results
- Interest not only in your customer's concerns no matter how big or small but more importantly respecting and understanding their needs and providing valuable market based opinion with the view to deliver required outcomes for both the vendor and purchaser.
- Negotiation skills in delivering satisfactory and pleasing outcomes to both the purchaser and in our case the vendor.
In our opinion, you are first class professionals whom we would have no hesitation in referring our family and friends to fulfill their dreams be it as a purchaser or vendor.
Once again thank you very much for all your guidance, efforts and hard work given to us throughout the lead up to our auction that was a positive and happy result.
David and Angeline - BOX HILL SOUTH
Simon & Liz - ASHWOOD
With respect to the sale of my apartment by auction, I would like to express my thorough appreciation of your company's performance.
11 AMELIA ST, CAMBERWELL
5/179 POWER STREET, HAWTHORN
- Bryan, We would like to express our thanks for the wonderful service and support you have given mum throughout the purchase and sale of both properties. It has been outstanding attention to our specific needs and we are very grateful. If the opportunity arises we will recommend “highly” your company to our friends. Its not often you find people in real estate who really deliver with such integrity.
- "Thank you for the professional and calming manner in which you conducted the sale of our home. We understand and appreciate the time and effort put into the sale - your skill is reaching legendary proportions!!"
- "Saturday was exciting and very rewarding, and a great deal of the credit must go to you and the efforts of your team. I am extremely grateful for the care, support, encouragement and guidance you gave to me, throughout the whole of the process of selling, which could have been a nightmare considering my circumstances. It was a successful day and a happy one, celebrating our 45 years in this home, and I thank you most sincerely for your wonderful contribution."
- "You will 'always' receive the highest recommendations from us - to use any other is a mistake!".
- "And they said it was not possible to trust a Real Estate Agent - well, you've proved them wrong. Thanks for the advice, integrity and honesty you bring to the business - its been a pleasure doing business.
- "What one of the larger real estate offices couldn't do for us in three months, you did in less than 2 weeks.
- The efficiency, professionalism and close attention to the simple things made selling our unit with JA CAIN a much less stressful process than our previous, recent experience. Achieving a sale price well in excess of our expectations was icing on the cake. I would definitely be happy to recommend JA CAIN to anyone selling their property".
- "I met Bryan and he suggested that an auction was not necessary for the property, but that I should undertake some basic refurbishment. I followed his advice in respect of what I needed to do and also in respect of matters that I did not need to worry about. His advice proved to be 'spot on'. The property went open for inspection early in February. There was good response to the firm's internet listing. Newspaper advertising was minimal, with the whole advertising expense coming in under budget. Within 3 weeks of being on the market, the property sold at a price higher than we expected. It sold 'as is'; we did not lift a finger.
- "I have worked in customer service for 10 years so I am fussy when it comes to professionalism - I cannot fault JA CAIN Real Estate. They realise that both the rentals department and the sales department go hand in hand, they really work as a team. They are trustworthy and committed to both the customer and the company".